Workshop on Business Intelligence and Social Networks (BISON 2020)
Call for Papers
Social Networks offer an abundance of information on users, activities, locations. Users share preferences and opinions in the form of content. Recommender systems utilise user content for predictions, suggestions and recommendations for items, services and businesses. The ubiquitous nature of social networks results in a multitude of activities that not only generate but also consume content.
This call solicits papers that utilise social networks information for business intelligence in any form and scale. The scope is to provide the forum that brings researchers, industry practitioners to explore the recent experiences, methods, technologies, issues, and applications in the related fields. The cross-disciplinary nature of the subject suggests that fields of interest may include intelligent systems, linguistics, data analysis, visualization, management and business models, sociology, public sector innovation, to name a few.
Authors are invited to submit full (8 pages) and short papers (4 pages) to present new and unpublished research to report and validate trends and topics of interest.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Social recommender systems for business
- Behaviour analytics
- Data modelling for SN and social media
- Visualization and complex information presentation
- User experience for BI applications
- Trends and solutions for online advertising
- Modelling politics in BI
- Sentiment analysis for BI
- Social media and web-based BI systems
- Social media and privacy for business
- Communities and crowdsourcing
- Social semantic web and BI
- Social Big Data analytics for BI
- Data integration from SN information sources
- Data mining and Machine Learning in social BI
Submission and Publications
Submitted papers will be reviewed and by the program committee and they will be accepted for the conference based on the reviewer feedback, on their impact, originality, and relevance. Manuscripts must be in English and must use the IEEE two-column template:
- Full paper: maximum length: 8 pages (incl. references)
- Short paper: maximum length: 4 pages (incl. references)
Submission Page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bison2020
Accepted and presented papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings and will be forwarded by IEEE for inclusion in several indexes: IEEE Computer Society Digital Library, IEEE eXplore, the ACM Digital Library, Web of Science, SCOPUS, etc.
Organization of a journal special issue with extended versions of selected papers that will be presented in the workshop is being pursued.
Deadlines have been extended , since the dates of the main ASONAM event have changed to December 7-10.
- Paper submission: May 10, 2020 August 30, 2020
- Acceptance notification: June 10, 2020 September 30, 2020
- Camera-ready copies: June 25, 2020 October 20, 2020
Dionisis Margaris, University of Athens, Greece
Costas Vassilakis, University of the Peloponnese, Greece
Dimitris Spiliotopoulos, University of the Peloponnese, Greece